Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Not able to connect salesforce marketing cloud using download tool

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Hi 

I'm trying to connect salesforce marketing cloud to get token through alteryx using download tool . but getting following error  " Error transferring data: Couldn't connect to server" . 

POST https://YOUR_SUBDOMAIN.auth.marketingcloudapis.com/v1/requestToken
Content-Type: application/json
{
    "clientId": "YOUR_CLIENT_ID",
    "clientSecret": "YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET"
}

200 OK
{
    "accessToken": "YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN"
    "expiresIn": 3600
}

error.PNG

can any one help me in this 

15 REPLIES 15
sathiya
8 - Asteroid

Generic Download tool debugging - 

1. Test the call in other tools like Postman or any SOAP AND/OR REST tools - to verify call works

2. Firewall in company can cause issues

3. Last please attach screen shots of the download tool configuration without the  ID or Keys 

Thanks

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

i'm able to connect through postman and getting token as well but not through alteryx . also im new alteryx . error1.PNGmy payloadmy payload

sathiya
8 - Asteroid

1. To trouble shoot please use fiddler when running the alteryx it will show the Calls

2.  Personal opinion - create a new formula - add column as data - with value like ( ex : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.noversion.mc-getting-started.meta/mc-getting-start... )  - 

{
  "clientId": "gyjzvytv7ukqtfn3x2qdyfsn",
  "clientSecret": "************"
}

Please note your data has extra brackets

3. another Column called Content-Type

application/json 

4. In Downloadtool - header - select content ; Payload - Select Take query String/body from field - data

5. run with fiddler 

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Hi 

Thanks for the help . it was due to my office network I was not get the token .I did download  fiddler to check log 

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Hi 

I'm getting token successfully , but when try to post Json log with the acess token from download tool to one of the data extension in salesforce marketing cloud . I'm getting error 

{"documentation":"https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.mc-apis.meta/mc-apis/error-handling.htm","errorcod... Request"}

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request X-Mashery-Responder: 10-t06 Vary: Origin X-Mashery-Message-ID: af8bde66-638e-4ce9-bbfe-d53b9a452215 strict-transport-security: max-age=15552000; preload Content-Security-Policy: upgrade-insecure-requests x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block x-frame-options: DENY x-content-type-options: nosniff cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0, no-store, private Referrer-Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin Content-Encoding: gzip Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8 Content-Length: 135 Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 16:20:59 GMT Connection: close Server: Apache

sathiya
8 - Asteroid

Error is generic .

Please post the Request without any personal identifiable or confidential information .

As i stated above - It is advisable to use Postman or Fiddler to create the Request , then test it with Download tool . This will help to eliminate some components .

Thanks

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Im able to post through Post man , same Json . but not through alteryx 

in download tool I have mentioned like this .

Authorization token 

Json 

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Im able to get the token , when I hold the token and send it with another loginurl add json and send like this 

Host: https://XXXXXX.rest.marketingcloudapis.com POST /hub/v1/dataevents/11954DDF-28A3-4FE8-BF77-646C37506621/rowset

Content-Type: application/json

Authorization: Bearer YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN

[ { "keys":{ "Email": "someone@example.com" }, "values":{ "LastLogin": "2013-05-23T14:32:00Z", "IsActive": true, "FirstName": "John", "FollowerCount": 2, "LastName": "Smith" } },

{ "keys": { "Email": "someone2@example.com" }, "values":{ "LastLogin": "2013-05-23T14:32:00Z", "IsActive": true, "FirstName": "Jane", "FollowerCount": 2, "LastName": "Smith" } } ] 

im getting error

sathiya
8 - Asteroid

Assuming Login URL is correct

In Payload - select the second radio button - Take Query String.Body... and select the Json

If Fails - Compare Fiddler  information between Postman and Alteryx tool 

Labels