Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to match values for a range

VinayDama
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on matching two Alteryx sheets and need assistance with implementing a variance requirement. The sheets contain data such as EmployeeID, ClockINDate, ClockOutDate, TimeType, and TimeEntered. I would like to use the combination of EmployeeID, ClockINDate, ClockOutDate, and TimeType as the key for matching. However, I also need to consider a variance of +/- 0.5 units when comparing the TimeEntered field.

I initially tried using a join tool, but encountered issues such as getting a cartesian join if TimeEntered is not included as a key, or the join not happening at all if TimeEntered is used as a key. To address this, I would appreciate any guidance on how to handle the variance requirement effectively.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and support!

File1.pngVariance.png

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@VinayDama Are you comparing row against row of the two input files? I mean the first row from the yellow highlighted file against the first row from the green file? 

VinayDama
5 - Atom

Thats right. I need to compare rows from yellow file to green file. This would mean first row from yellow sheet will be matched to first row from green sheet because they seem to be closest

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@VinayDama in that case add  Record ID  tool after each input files then join using the key "RecordID".

VinayDama
5 - Atom

There are chances where some records in either of the files which may go missing due to the product reasons. If we have some missing records, I cannot use recordID.

CoG
13 - Pulsar

Here is a sample workflow that should do most of what you need, if you need to identify missing records, you can join back to original data on RecordID to identify unmatched records:

Screenshot.png

Happy Solving!

VinayDama
5 - Atom

Andrew - This works! I can't thank you enough.

I will build my workflow based on this.

Labels