Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiplying records, similar to Sum in Summarize tool

Afrooz
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone

I am trying to Multiply one column values together similar to sum in summarize tool. 

for example. [Field] = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and I want to multiply them together. 

would be great if someone could help me with this. 

Thanks

Afrooz

14 REPLIES 14
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

At this point it would be best if you could provide a sample dataset and desired results. Then we can ensure you’re getting what you’re looking for. 

Afrooz
7 - Meteor

Hi @neilgallen 

I'm sorry for the hassle, I attached a sample of the data. 

i need this to be grouped by Date and customer ID and the result I'm after is similar to the highlighted records. 

Regards,

Afrooz 

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

Okay. A bit more complicated but gets there. The long and short is basically:

Create a unique ID for each customer group. Then do the math, multiplying the row with the row above it for each group. We then remove the latest row within each group to append back to the original data.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Afrooz you may want to like my idea here about adding a "product" to the summarize tool.

gregx
8 - Asteroid

@neilgallen not exactly a proper solution. You had made an assumption that Grouping A was already sorted desc or asc (it never happens in real life).

You have to pre-sort items, before applying Tile tool. Otherwise you will get wrong numbers in Tile and your approach won't work.

(as below, I've changed row 5 from A to B and it doesn't work properly)

gregx_0-1677668624944.png

Labels