Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple API calls to different JSONs

cutehappybear
7 - Meteor

EDITED AT THE BOTTOM

Hello everyone,

I have an API call which receives 3 url's (in the future, it will be more). I get 3 rows in my DownloadData column, which then go through a JSON parse, then a select and a filter until I have just 1 column with the data that I want.

However, I want to have 3 columns instead of 1 column - I want to know which data came out of which url.

cutehappybear_0-1647888798686.png

How can I automatize this? I've noticed that if I output my JSON parse to a .csv file, I get different files, because I am using this:

cutehappybear_1-1647888916956.png

Based on my column "type", it know to which of the 3 urls it refers to.

However, I don't want anything file-based.

How can I separate the output of my JSON Parse directly to the number of url's that I have? If not possible from the JSON Parse onwards, it could also be from the Download tool forward, when I have 3 DownloadData rows.

Thank you very much for your help.

EDIT:

Okay, I realized that I already have the data more or less how I want it. In my final table, I have 2 columns, one with the url from which the data was taken, and another one with the data returned. How do I now split this table into 3 tables? Of course I want this to work as well when I increase the number of urls.

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @cutehappybear  (great name),

can you post the data (mock is fine) showing what you're trying to do?

M.

Bulien

cutehappybear
7 - Meteor

Of course @mceleavey!

A123456
A4535435
A343242
B988798797
B87876
B713123
C23424
C32432

Currently what I have is a table that looks like that, and I want to split it to 3 tables, one for type A, one for type B and one for type C.

But in an automized why, in which if I have more types, it will still work.

Labels