Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi_Row_Formula - Having Problems

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

Peers - 

I have a table similar to the below - 

SM_UIDEMPLOYEE_UIDNEW_FIELD
RZ1289CA3773CA3773_1
RZ1289BA7623BA7623_2
RZ1289YZ8765YZ8765_3
JR8788AA8765AA8765_1

I'm trying to create a new filed that will concatenate the employee UID with _1, _2, _3 (progressively adding 1 each time the SM_UID remains the same), IF it changes, I want the concatenation to go back to _1 and start over. I know how to do this in excel, but having a hard time making it work in Alteryx. Any advise would be appreciated. 

Thanks - Ryan

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @RHOWLETT 

If you are able to build the logic in excel you will definitely be able to do it in Alteryx 😀 I encourage you to give it a try. The tools which you need would be Multi-row formula tool and Formula tool.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Multi-Row-Formula/ta-p/82872#done

1. Use multi-row formula tool to increment ID as number for each  SM_UID

2. Use formula tool to concat EMPLOYEE_UID and ID to create the output string. The way to concat strings would be [EMPLOYEE_UID]+"_"+ToString([ID]). ToString will convert other datatypes to string

If you are facing any issues you can let me know I can help you clear it and get a better understanding.

Hope this helps : )

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the knowledge share - I was able to work thru the problem. The solution was way easier than I had anticipated. Loving myself some Alteryx.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help and share knowledge : ) @RHOWLETT 

@RHOWLETT wrote:

Loving myself some Alteryx.

And good to hear these words 😀

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels