Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Join where different field names are used in tables

marce
5 - Atom

Trying to use the multi join tool to join 3 tables. All of the examples for this tool I see use the same name for the join field in all tables . I want to join 3 tables ( see diagram attached)

Table A : field RID  Join ON table B : field OFDATABASESCHEMARID

field   RID JOIN ON 

table  C : field OFDATABASETABLERID

Join by specific field doesn't allow me to just do a drop-down for table B , adding the field RID to do the join with table C . It appears to insist table A is still involved (deleting table A gets rid of entire second row of fields ) 

Any help is appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @marce ,

To use the join multiple, all the inputs needs to have the same relationship between them. IF you have different number and type of keys for each table, I suggest you to use the join tool 2 times.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

marce
5 - Atom
NTAC:3NS-20
Thanks . Number and datatypes (BIGINT) are all the same. The names are the only difference . This is a fairly common occurrence in tables with ID's which have names that relate to the table they reference.

Table A

Table B

Table C

[cid:image004.png@01D63F16.3072AB20]RID

OFDATABASESCHEMARID

[cid:image006.png@01D63F16.3072AB20]RID

OFDATABASETABLERID

Regards,
Marc Ellis
Sr. Consultant, Data Governance

[NT Logo]
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @marce ,

To use the join multiple, all tables must be involved in every line of join multiple key configuration. For your problem, you need to use 2 join tools serialized.

You can't configured the tool like below (this is the case for serialized joins)

fmvizcaino_1-1591806377727.png

fmvizcaino_2-1591806411726.png

marce
5 - Atom
NTAC:3NS-20
Thanks - appreciate your time

Regards,
Marc Ellis
Sr. Consultant, Data Governance

[NT Logo]
Labels