Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

Multi Join where different field names are used in tables

marce
Atome

Trying to use the multi join tool to join 3 tables. All of the examples for this tool I see use the same name for the join field in all tables . I want to join 3 tables ( see diagram attached)

Table A : field RID  Join ON table B : field OFDATABASESCHEMARID

field   RID JOIN ON 

table  C : field OFDATABASETABLERID

Join by specific field doesn't allow me to just do a drop-down for table B , adding the field RID to do the join with table C . It appears to insist table A is still involved (deleting table A gets rid of entire second row of fields ) 

Any help is appreciated 

4 RÉPONSES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @marce ,

To use the join multiple, all the inputs needs to have the same relationship between them. IF you have different number and type of keys for each table, I suggest you to use the join tool 2 times.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

marce
Atome
NTAC:3NS-20
Thanks . Number and datatypes (BIGINT) are all the same. The names are the only difference . This is a fairly common occurrence in tables with ID's which have names that relate to the table they reference.

Table A

Table B

Table C

[cid:image004.png@01D63F16.3072AB20]RID

OFDATABASESCHEMARID

[cid:image006.png@01D63F16.3072AB20]RID

OFDATABASETABLERID

Regards,
Marc Ellis
Sr. Consultant, Data Governance

[NT Logo]
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @marce ,

To use the join multiple, all tables must be involved in every line of join multiple key configuration. For your problem, you need to use 2 join tools serialized.

You can't configured the tool like below (this is the case for serialized joins)

fmvizcaino_1-1591806377727.png

fmvizcaino_2-1591806411726.png

marce
Atome
NTAC:3NS-20
Thanks - appreciate your time

Regards,
Marc Ellis
Sr. Consultant, Data Governance

[NT Logo]
Étiquettes