Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Model help - determining cross shopping

boston99
7 - Meteor

I have loyalty data and am trying to analyze the willingness to switch between similar products (e.g. if we have three brands of sweatshirts what % solely purchase Puma, Nike, and Adidas, what % cross shop between Puma and Nike, Puma and Adidas, and Nike and Adidas, and what % cross shop between all three).

In our data, we have household #, UPC number, and transaction number of all purchases.

This is what I've built so far, but have a couple questions:

1) Does this look right so far?

2) Is there an easy way at the end to spit out the data we are looking for (venn-diagram like) or would I need to separately calculate each?

3) If I wanted to filter the number of times a household has purchased anything at the store, how would I do this (e.g. don't want a household that has come 1000 times a year – likely the free loyalty card at the check-out).

4) Similarly, if I wanted to filter so that a household has had to make two purchases in our subgroup (e.g. two sweaters from Puma Nike or Adidas) how would I do this? We are trying to avoid the case where someone has bought only one item and appears brand loyal when they in fact are not.

10 REPLIES 10
jamesdirect
5 - Atom

• Your approach seems correct, but ensure you're properly associating UPCs with the correct brands and filtering the data accordingly.

• You'd need to calculate each brand interaction separately, but tools like Python's matplotlib_venn can help visualize this as a Venn diagram.

• To filter frequent buyers, add a condition to exclude households that exceed a certain threshold of transactions per year.

• Use a filter to ensure households have made at least two purchases from the targeted brands (Puma, Nike, Adidas) before including them in your analysis. NJMCDirect

Labels