Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Matchin excel sheets/

Surname
7 - Meteor

Hi guys, 

I have a question to matching:

I have two separate excel tables, with different content but identical structur. I would like to match this two data sheets. All new data from table 2 should be added under the data from table 1. Does anybody have any ideas how can I create this workflow? 

example

Table 1

Table 1.PNG

Table 2

Table 2.PNG

I would like to match data from table 1 and table 2 in one excel sheet: 

My result should looks like this: 

Result.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Could you read the tables as separate inputs and then union them together.  

To eliminate duplicates try a Join instead; or follow with a Unique tool.

Surname
7 - Meteor

Hi John

thanks for such fast replay. Could you please describe the process in details. I am really beginner in alteryx. Thank you!

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi Surname; I can provide an example workflow, however wanted to clarify about what you mean by "table."  Are both tables located somewhere on the same worksheet in Excel; or are you talking about two separate worksheets or even two separate files?

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

@Surname :)

I know John is gonna reply to you 

Tips from My side for any New Alteryx Users 

there are so many sample available from the tool

Navigate to the Help menu then go to the below options :)

Start.png

there are several samples documented which will definitely help you to become familiar   

welcome to the community and Happy Data Blending :) !!!

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

I've attached an example that reads sheet1 and sheet2 from a single Excel file and combines them.

@s_pichaipillai is correct about the built-in help in Alteryx: it is very deep and useful with lots of tutorials and samples.

Surname
7 - Meteor

there are two separate files with the same structure.  

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

With separate files, it's still pretty much the same concept; please see attached.  Thanks!

PamW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

One of my favorite changes in 10.1 is the ability to get a list of sheet names and then dynamically load all the sheets.

dynamically_load_sheets.png

So you can make and union an Input Data Tool for each sheet but that might be time consuming if you have a lot of sheets.

pamW
Labels