Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Match the numbers from two different excel sheets

nirvapatel1998
7 - Meteor

Hi all. I'm trying to match Number from Book 1 and Num from Book 2. The order is different. I wanted a help to find out solution of how I can match the number and how do I know how many of them are matching and how can I separate the exceptions from them. 

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@nirvapatel1998 I am not sure I understand your requirment properly basedon my understanding you can use the join tool and match the records will give your the matching records and non-matching records

binuacs_0-1659447288414.png

No matching records from the file1

binuacs_1-1659447330029.png

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@nirvapatel1998 - Are you wanting to join the 2 tables or just find if there is a match from book2 to book1?  Depending on your desired result, you can use Find/Replace or Join.  From the above, sounds like maybe a Join will give you the best result but not sure.

Here's a sample workflow.

Robin_McIntosh_0-1659447340800.png

nirvapatel1998
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much for getting back quickly to me. I need the final output that shows all the matching numbers and the unmatched numbers in the same sheet. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@nirvapatel1998 updated the workflow

binuacs_0-1659450059326.png

Labels