Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Mapping two input to replace a column

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

Hope you are well. I need help.

I have a input file and the mapping file.

Please find attached.

I need to replace the blank in the "Country" column with the values from "Country Override".

For e.g  if the "Stock location " is "Ca-ab" then based on the "Country Override" column the Value for "Country " column is Canada.

sriniprad08_0-1652173172072.png

sriniprad08_1-1652173205803.png

Please let me know how to go about this,

Thanks,

Sr

5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

Is this what you're after? Without an identifier like a Record ID I've just matched them side by side as they appear in the data.

If not, let us know and I'll take another look!

DataNath_0-1652173775543.png

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @DataNath ,

Thank you so much. Really appreciate it. Sorry i might have missed something in posting here. When i run the workflow with my original data. Ideally it gives me the less number of records.

Ideally i should have 24,333 records as the final output. However its only giving me 1807. records.

Please let me know,

thanks,

sriniprad08_0-1652174897381.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

In your country override table you'll need some sort of identifier that you can match it to the stock location/country on. At the moment there's nothing to tell Alteryx which override belongs to which stock. If you have this then you can then Find & Replace the country names with the overrides or even just join and replace when blank as above.

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @DataNath ,

Thank you for the suggestion. I just did the vlookup and appended the country_override column to the dataset.

sriniprad08_0-1652176587950.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

Great. Now you have it appended then you should just be able to use the formula tool from my suggested workflow.

Labels