Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Mapping Data to existing column format

Biernt
6 - Meteoroid

I tried looking up solutions to this problem on the forum, but I wasn't able to find any with a pinned down solution to the pretty simple problem I'm having.

The output's template is a simple set of headers on the first row from column A through AM, and I've been able to use the "Append Field Map" to map over the data from my input to the correct outputs, the problems I'm running into are as follows when using these specific output options:

"Append to Existing Sheet": The data is able to line itself up in the columns specified in my custom mapping perfectly. The problem, however, is the fact that the data will either append itself 80 rows down or sometimes even begins at row 418 at times. I'm not sure why it's so inconsistent with where the data begins when it is appended.

What I'm attempting to do is having the data be appended directly under their respective headers, or in other words on row 2, as the headers exist on row 1.  Attached is an example of the workflow I'm using. 

1 REPLY 1
treepruner
9 - Comet

The attached workflow is all about parsing with RegEx and cleansing. Did you attach the correct workflow?

treepruner_0-1602900504758.png

Labels