Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro showing same data for different files

Kate13122
7 - Meteor

Hi community!

Could you please help me with some advise what I am doing wrong? I built macro for one flow . Now when I use this macro , its showing me the same data what I used as example for the macro. for example I have data for July, August , September , October. When I built macro I used data for October as example but now when I use this macro, data remains for month October and it does not consider other months. 

please find attached my configurations. 

I tried as well option "update input data tool" but I got error when I wanted to use this macro that the path is incorrect 

Thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kate13122 in your action tool whatever is highlighted is what will be updated when the marco run so in your case you need to change that to file so it replace the file path.

Kate13122
7 - Meteor

Hi @JosephSerpis thank you for your reply, I tried this as well but I received error "Make sure the file path is correct".

Any thoughts, please ? 

thank you 

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kate13122 if your files are excel files (.xlsx) are you adding the sheet name to the filepath you are suppling into your macro?

Labels