Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Load data from an excel that has the path to multiple excel files

NiteshKS
5 - Atom

Hi All,

How can I load the data from a Master excel file which has the path to different Excel files?

Thanks in advance. :) Also another query is if I can read a data from a URL by just mentioning the path same as above?

9 REPLIES 9
oneillp111
9 - Comet

You can use Dynamic input to load the files if they have the same schema, if they don't, you will need a batch macro to open each file

oneillp111
9 - Comet

Another way is here, again if they have the same format/schema

oneillp111
9 - Comet

here is a macro to do it

NiteshKS
5 - Atom

Thanks let me try this, but will it work to import the files from the path mentioned in Master file?

I understand we can use dynamic input or macro to load the files in a specific folder but what I wanted to try was if Alteryx can load/read the data for further processing from files whose paths are mentioned in a different excel file (Master file in attachment)?

oneillp111
9 - Comet

yes, just have your input file load into the macro, need to identify the file path and sheet name into the macro

oneillp111
9 - Comet

screentshot.png

NiteshKS
5 - Atom

Can you attach the batch macro and the workflow for the example you just showed? It will really help me understand better. 

oneillp111
9 - Comet

Just use the macro from the other upload in place of the macro listed here

NiteshKS
5 - Atom

Thank you so much for bearing with me. I had never used macro, but this use case and example you showed really helped. Much appreciated

Labels