Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Keep Filepath as a Field with Dynamic Input

kristinaheuer
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am using the Directory Tool to select ~50 files from a network folder. I then select the name of the file and the Creation Date of each file since I want to use this as a timestamp field. When I then extract all the records within each file, I do not see an option for me to bring the Creation Date through as it's own column. What am I missing?

Filepath.png

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kristinaheuer 

Dynamic input also has an option to output full path as output. That would be your best choice. Refere below highlighted config.

atcodedog05_0-1631795222676.png

Hope this helps : )

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @kristinaheuer 

You can accomplish your requirement by using a Find Replace tool after your Dynamic Input to append the CreationTime (or modified to Creation Date.

Workflow package with sample files attached.  Extract to C:\temp to demo

Capture2.PNG

kristinaheuer
7 - Meteor

@HomesickSurfer - your description makes perfect sense. I believe I followed your steps completely but the fields are not coming through. Can you take a look at my flow and let me know what I am missing?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kristinaheuer 

You need to first follow my solution of setting output full path config in dynamic input tool as step-1. Click on edit you will get the below window refer below.

atcodedog05_0-1631803344981.png

Once you do that you will be able to follow @HomesickSurfer solution as step-2 to map the data.

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kristinaheuer 

Happy to help : )

Just a gentle note you are allowed to mark more than one post as solution. Since mine and @HomesickSurfer both of our post helped in the usecase you can mark both of our post as solutions.

Cheers and have a nice day!

kristinaheuer
7 - Meteor

I totally missed that!!!! Thank you so much, both of you. 🙂

Labels