Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join two field records into one,

davidaya
6 - Meteoroid

I'd like to join two records into one, Ex.

Record    field a,  field b

# 1           Yellow   Big

#2            House

New file

Record     field a,  field b,  (New) field c

#1             Yellow   Big         Yellow House 

4 REPLIES 4
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @davidaya 

In a multi-row formula tool, create a new [field c], Type: V_WString, Size: 255 (or as desired), with the following expression:

[field a]+" "+[Row+1:field a]

Results:

field a	field b	field c
Yellow	Big	Yellow House
House		House 

What do you expect records 2, 4, 6, 8...to look like?

davidaya
6 - Meteoroid

Sorry but this is in Spanish report...

The system we have was updated time ago, and the part numbers were updated, do ask me why 🙂 but the update came like this, the new part number is on Line #5 and the old parts stays as a reference in line #6 in the picture, but the field space of Description (Descripcion in SP) was not enough, so they use the line #6 to complete the item description :(! so in this particular case I need to join only the description of line #6 into line #5.

To make the things worse, once on line #13, the Description was enough to fit on this field, the consecutive line to complete the description was not generate, but to create a new item file line #14 😞

davidaya
6 - Meteoroid

davidaya_0-1637004798639.png

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @davidaya 

Update the [DESCRIPCION] field with a multi-row formula tool using the following expression:

IF isNull([Row+1:CUENTA]) THEN [DESCRIPCION]+[Row+1:DESCRIPCION] ELSE [DESCRIPCION] ENDIF

Filter out records with Null [CUENTA].

Workflow attached

Join two field records into one.PNG.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels