Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Join three Excels by filter Join by

denisstravs
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx experts,

I would like to join three different Excels in Alteryx where Excel 1 should be on top (in first two rows), Excel 2 should be in the middle, and Excel 3 should be at the bottom by rows. 

In the Excel 2 I have a filter Join by company ID for which I want that Alteryx create seperate Excel files for each company code ID. 

Now I would like to join these seperates excel documents from Excel 2 with table from Excel 1 and Excel 3. If I dont use filter Join by in Excel 2 it works, but when I use also filter join by, it doesnt work. 

Could please someone help me whith my error? 

Workflow and excels attached. 

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @denisstravs ,

When I plug-in the input data and run your workflow, I got this error:

00:00:01.109 - Error - ToolId 7: Grouping field cannot be empty when generating multiple reports.

Just reading the message, it seems the Render tool has an issue in "Grouping".

So I turned off the option of "Group Data Into Separate Reports" and re-run, and then it worked without error.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1684485731609.png

But I am not sure if this change is affecting the output.

Please check the output by yourself and see if it is OK.

denisstravs
7 - Meteor

Hi Yoshiro,

hm no, its not ok. I want joined seperated reports by company code (from excel 2) with excel 1 and Excel 3.  If I unselt this than I got just one excel report. 

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@denisstravs 

follow your revised report.

Analyze and see if this is what you want as a result

Labels