Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

JSON build tool double dot on column name

Alc2020
7 - Meteor

Hi,

One of my table column names has a double dot in it and that column name is not getting completely converted to JSON.  I noticed that JSON build truncated my column name at the first occurrence of dot.  Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

JSON build input table:

RecordIDname.familyNamename.givenNameurn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:pbx:1.0:User.pbxPhoneExtNumberuserName
1UAT1User1445005uat1.user1@domain.com
 …and more…   

JSON output:

{
   "name":{
      "givenName":"UAT1",
      "familyName":"User1"
   },
   "urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:pbx:1":[
      {
         "pbxPhoneExtNumber":"445005"
      }
   ],
   "userName":"user1.uat1@domain.com"
}

How can I change this, 

"urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:pbx:1"

To this (correct wanted output),

"urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:pbx:1.0:User"

7 REPLIES 7
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Alc2020 ,

Do you have the possibility to share your JSON file ?

Alc2020
7 - Meteor

Hi @Jean-Balteryx 

Here is the JSON build output:

{"name":{"familyName":"User1","givenName":"UAT1"},"urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:pbx:1":[{"pbxPhoneExtNumber":"445005"}],"userName":"user1.uat1@domain.com"}

Wanted JSON request (plus text highlighted in in blue .0:User )

{"name":{"familyName":"User1","givenName":"UAT1"},"urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:pbx:1.0:User":[{"pbxPhoneExtNumber":"445005"}],"userName":"user1.uat1@domain.com"}

Thanks,

alc

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

And what's the input ?

Alc2020
7 - Meteor

@Jean-Balteryx please see table above.  That's the input to the JSON build tool.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Thank you ! My bad, didn't get it !

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is the solution I came up with, using replace before ('.' to '/') and after ('/' to '.') the JSON build.

Alc2020
7 - Meteor

@Jean-Balteryx Thank you very much!

Although not the exact solution but his has lead me to the solution.  I used replace "1.0" with "_" instead of "." so that it will not impact other column names (like name.familyName and other column names).

Regards,

Alc

Labels