Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Macro: Increasing iterative records remaining

mdata
8 - Asteroid

I have an iterative macro I’m running inside of a workflow.   In the workflow the input Data is reading from spreadsheet of 300 records. I’m running an iterative macro because I can only process 100 records at a time. I using a custom macro named JSON build to build a JSON array and make the API call to return the data. I’m running into problems when I try to run over 300 records from the spreadsheet. If I have 300 records then it should run only 3 iteration and finish.   I’m running into problem where the iteration goes beyond that and increases the iterative records remaining. That’s the part I do not get. Shouldn’t the iterative records remaining getting smaller as with more iteration? It will get stuck around 5th loop and never finish the iterative macro. I can run the iterative macros with 200 records and it will finish in 2 iterations. Attached are the screen shot and the files.   Has anyone run into a similar issue? Any suggestions?

I’m using the custom JSON build tool because I’m noticing the JSON build tool Alteryx has does not clear out the data after each loop.2016-02-10_1312.png

3 REPLIES 3
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I think it is caused by the join in you iterative macro post the skip before the iterate output.

I dont think you need this and if you remove it I think it will work fine

mdata
8 - Asteroid

I think you have to do an inner join after the first iteration so it knows what data needs to be processed. The video for the iterative macro for Alteryx does that also.If I remove the join it does not process any of the data.

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try the attached.

I adjusted iterative macro to produce the json and moved the download outside.

The iterative macro part appears to be working fine (producing 3 sets of JSON), think issue is in the part after the download.

Labels