Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterating to Find Combinations

mystasz
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community,

In the attached document, I have a dataset (CombinationsData tab) which is just a reference table to find all the different combinations. Then I have my data (ActualData tab) which displays my raw data. For each combination of SecurityPoint1 and SecurityPoint2, I have to look it up in the ActualData to see if both points exist AND the JobRole matches. 

If they match, I need to take the Violation from CombinationsData tab and apply it to my output. 

Example:

Under CombinationsData for Templates ID T00379 and T10101, JobRole Clinical Staff and Surgeon, Security Point 1 = 124 and Security Point 2 = 33 exists

Under ActualData Security Points column 124 and 33 exist for Clinical Staff only (highlighted in yellow)

In the Expected Output, only the Clinical Staff row should populate

Any idea how I can approach this? I have about 60k combinations and 5 million rows of data in my actual dataset. 

10 REPLIES 10
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hope your issue is resolved. Feel free to mark helpful answers as a solution, so that future users with the same issue can find them easier!!!

Labels