Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issues using the Jupyter Flow Tool

jmwagner
7 - Meteor

I am using the Jupyter Flow tool for the first time. I went through the basics using this link. After setting up the environment and test notebook I run into an error:

jmwagner_1-1667420543349.png

This is the error message in the log file:

jmwagner_0-1667420444998.png

Not sure how to fix this. Any ideas as to why this happens?

Thanks,

Justin

2 REPLIES 2
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

See this article:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Error-quot-ImportError-cannot-impor... 

Cause

The external Python environment is using a different Python version other than 3.8.5. 

Resolution

Ensure that the external Python environment is using Python version 3.8.5.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @jmwagner,

Never seen this error before. Two things you could check would be one try running Alteryx in admin as package installs may require it for the first run:

IraWatt_0-1667422223493.png

Second, it maybe due to one of the two reasons mentioned here: AttributeError: partially initialized module has no attribute | bobbyhadz

1. Having a circular dependency between files, e.g. file A imports file B and vice versa.
  2. Having a local module with the same name as an imported module, e.g. requests.py.

You also have the option to run any notebook from the python tool just import it in here:

IraWatt_2-1667422497553.png

Labels