Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issue in writing data to Excel file

Paridhi_Agrawal
8 - Asteroid

Hi team,

I am facing an issue while writing the output data into excel sheet. I have an excel file as shown in image1 and the output from alteryx workflow is showing in image2. 

I have included the cell position in output tool to append the data at a particular position. Now the issue is that the data is not in same order always in excel sheet and this results in wrong data update.

Is there any way we can match the first few columns and based on that the data values will get updated in excel sheet.

Thanks

Paridhi

2 REPLIES 2
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@Paridhi_Agrawal It would be easier if you could upload some dummy data and a workflow that you're using to get your output. I don't know what you're doing to the data, so I can't make a recommendation for your output.

Paridhi_Agrawal
8 - Asteroid

@Prometheus  I added a record_ID field in excel file and same in my alteryx output and sort it to get the correct numbers.

Thanks

Labels