Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parsing and Seperating Survey Data

Atxson04
5 - Atom

Hey all,

I am new to the Alteryx platform and I am trying to put myself through my paces by giving myself challenging data sets to play with and I'm struggling to understand how to properly parse this data set attached called "survey responses". Basically trying to understand the tools to use to properly parse out the data to showcase the data slides in the version that's showcased in excel file I've also attached that I used the Data tool to "text to columns" which created the view I need to move forward with completing the exercise I am working towards understanding via Alteryx. Basically I can't figure out why text to column won't put it in the format I'm looking for, like the beginning columns of the V's seem to be getting in the way and if there are other tools I should be using to parse this out properly. I'm pushing into advanced learning paths right now but even after going through beginning learning paths I am struggling. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
joelmiller66
9 - Comet

Hi @Atxson04  - You will want to use the Text to Columns Tool, but the first step will be 'Split to Rows' using the '\n' as the delimiter. I attached a sample workflow.

Hope this helps

Screenshot 2023-11-01 142545.pngScreenshot 2023-11-01 142715.png

Labels