Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issue Facing while running the Input step in Alteryx with excel.

Shashikant
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am new to Alteryx and trying to workflow by adding excel file to input step, below is the steps i follow.

1) I have one report in powerBI which contain 10 rows, i have downloaded that file.

2) Then open the Alteryx desktop, select Connect a File or Database and select the xlsx file and run.

3) But when i ran the input step i am getting error message 

SHEET1 DOES NOT MATCH A SHEET OR NAMED RANGEIN FILENAME.XLSX OR THE FILE IS CORRUPTED.

Strange part is the when i manually open the excel file that i download form power BI and save it then it starts working.

When ever i download the excel file from power bi i have to open once and then close it, then only its working.

Hope you guys understand my issue. Could you please help me on this.

Thanks,

Shashikant

3 REPLIES 3
Manoj_k
9 - Comet

hi @Shashikant sometime when you download the excels files from a different tool it consist of some hidden formatting, instead of the direct using input tool to bring the data , use a formula tool [Filename] = XLSX In([Path to Excel File]) and use this forumla.

Shashikant
5 - Atom

Hi Manoj,

Could you please provide the steps i did not quit understand what you said. Sorry for that.

Thanks,

Shashikant

Manoj_k
9 - Comet

Hi @Shashikant sorry ijust checked this would be a longer approach where first we bring a excels where all the file path are available and then we choose from those file path for the file you want. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels