Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Investran and/or Coda API

Billigans
8 - Asteroid

Team AYX, 

Does anyone know of or have an API for Investran or Coda. I have a project coming up that will require me to pull a significant amount of data from both systems and this would be a big help. 

Billigans

License to Solve

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Billigans 

A quick search of the Intertubes dug up these 2 sources

Investran - API document Link

Coda - API test page (currently in Beta so use at your own risk)  reference docs 

Dan

LukeG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@danilang 

Do you know how one would interact with the Investran API in Alteryx? I looked through the Application Programming Interface section from the link you attached, but I am having trouble understanding as I have only worked with REST APIs.

I really appreciate any help/resources you have to offer!

-Luke

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @LukeG 

I've never used the Investran API, myself.  From a quick perusal of the docs, like it's a method to interact with a mainframe running over LU6.2 which is an old IBM communications protocol.  The protocol itself is rather low level and can by called from TCP/IP according to this paragraph

"3.2.63 USING THE API WITH TCP/IP
The API component of the Investment Accounting (InvestOne)/SDK can be invoked using
standard TCP/IP calls. The Investment Accounting (InvestOne) implementation uses the following
TCP/IP verbs: INITAPI, GETCLIENTID, SOCKET, CONNECT, WRITE, RECV, CLOSE, TERMAPI. There
are TCP/IP communication libraries available for virtually any platform. You can call these libraries
from virtually any language."

The examples they give use CICS which is a 50 yr-old transactional programming language 

From a modern day perspective, it looks like Microsoft Host Integration Systems will provide the interface between the mainframe and Windows.  

Your best bet here is probably to find a COBOL developer:) 

Dan

LukeG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@danilang 

Thanks for the info! Based on the documentation, this seemed a little dated. Wish there was an easier way to connect!

Thanks again.

-Luke

DY1
7 - Meteor

Hi @Billigans 

Did you manage to get Alteryx to work with the API?

Labels