Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interface controls on workflow output to trigger action

sjpostlethwaite
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice. I have an audit workflow, which I'd like to make more efficient and interactive to manage long term.

The workflow compares data between a static Excel file and the database. Any variances between the 2 data sources are then flagged for review. The data in the Excel file is considered to be accurate configuration, and the data in the database should match. The workflow currently outputs a HTML file for the users to review. The idea is that we catch any incorrect setup in the database.

Most of the time discrepancies are resolved by amending the value in the database, however sometimes the discrepancies need to be resolved by updating the data in the Excel file. This can be a tedious process and limits who can amend this.

My idea is to convert the Excel file to a YXDB file, and then convert the workflow to an analytic app and upload to the Gallery. I'd like to be able to show the discrepancies in a table once the app has run, and then allow the user to select any discrepancies that they'd like to fix by selecting a check box next to the relevant records, which would then in turn update the value in the YXDB.

The part that I'm struggling to work out is how to display the output with a checkbox next to each record, is this possible? Any help / suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels