Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart (labeling using a third column)

cycyg
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx community!!

I have four columns in my dataset (Group name, number of tickets sold, number of tickets used (from the sold), % of sold.
I was able to create two layers: a bar graph (group name and number of units sold) and a line graph ( group name and number of units used) as shown below.

My issue is that I also want to display the 4th column as a label which is the % of used tickets. So if you put your mouse on one group you get the total amount of tickets sold and used but want also to show the percentage.

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 3.54.27 PM.png

Any help would be much appreciated!!

4 REPLIES 4
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @cycyg ,

In the Interactive chart tool, if you click on the layers tab you are allowed to select the text that will be displayed on each barchart, so you can select that to be the % Rate

Screenshot 2021-05-09 161845.jpg

Hope that helps,

Angelos

cycyg
7 - Meteor

Hi @AngelosPachis,

Thanks for your prompt answer!

Was looking to have it interactive (like pop-up once the mouse passes)

But this will work too! Thanks

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @cycyg 

To get the percentage in the tool tip only configure the bar to add a Text field and it's position is None.  Then in Hover Text section choose Text and any other field.  Note: Percent is a field that I added earlier in a formula tool.

danilang_0-1620574023054.png

You can only do this on the Bar, since the line doesn't give you the option display an additional text field.  

danilang_1-1620574247767.png

Dan

cycyg
7 - Meteor

Hi @danilang,
This is what I was looking for! 

Much appreciated!

Labels