Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Installing Power BI Output Tool

jmerritt
Átomo

I have downloaded the "Publish to Power BI" output tool from alteryx gallery. See screenshot below. After downloading and opening, it opens in Designer with the workflow below. I assume I should just run the workflow and that is what creates the new Connector? I can't seem to get this to work, can anyone help?

jmerritt_1-1610309788694.png

jmerritt_0-1610309762772.png

6 RESPUESTAS 6
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jmerritt - The workflow that you downloaded generates a PCXML file with links to downloads. However, if you will go back to the Gallery and follow instructions, you will be able to download an installation file directly:

To download the tool:

(1) Select Run.

(2) Select Run, again.

(3) The page will display available versions. Select a version to download the tool.

Installation is an yxi file that you will need to run. Then you will need to re-open your Designer. After the last step you should be able to see the tool in the Connectors tool palette:

ArtApa_0-1610315448732.png

pedrodrfaria
Púlsar

HI @jmerritt ,

In the Gallery, follow these steps:

1. Click on Run

pedrodrfaria_0-1610322713035.png

2. Click on Run again

pedrodrfaria_1-1610322730338.png

3. Select the version you want to download

pedrodrfaria_2-1610322755581.png

4. You will see the yxi file downloading

pedrodrfaria_3-1610322785006.png

5. Open it in Alteryx (just drag it in from the web browser to Alteryx) and install it.

pedrodrfaria_4-1610322794050.png

After this you will have it available to you inside of Alteryx.

Pedro.

Bigmonki
Asteroide

@pedrodrfaria 

Hi, so wondering if you may assist, I have followed all of the steps as laid out in this post successfully. However, I get to a point in the install process where I receive this message:

Bigmonki_0-1611930348200.png

I click on OK but when I go to the connector bar, this is all I see:

Bigmonki_1-1611930406679.png

Is there something I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regros
Átomo

Hi @Bigmonki

We're you able to resolve this? I have the same issue. Thanks

Bigmonki
Asteroide

@regros Hi, I had to have a support call in the end and manually load the files onto my laptop. Once it was installed, I then needed to amend the certificate in the library to allow it to communicate.

If you go tot he support section and book a call, they are really helpful.

regros
Átomo

Thank you!

Etiquetas