Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Data Question

cmStuhl
7 - Meteor

I am looking to develop a workflow that is connected to an input file (.txt) with a name that changes daily. For example, today the file could be named Random_Name_20221013_1538, and tomorrow it could be Random_Name_20221014_1536. Would anyone know how I would go about setting this up? 

The remaining workflow will remain the same. I only want to be able to choose the correct input file. 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @cmStuhl 

One option is to use the directory tool + order by filename desc + sample = 1 + dynamic input.

I am going to provide a proper example for you to check out.

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @cmStuhl, you can initially bring all files within the directory in with the Directory tool:

DataNath_0-1665693245150.png

Then just Filter with an expression that isolates the file containing today's date in the correct format:

DataNath_1-1665693276823.png

That isolated file then feeds into a Dynamic Input tool which takes the fullpath from the field provided by the directory tool:

DataNath_2-1665693308961.png

Workflow is attached - you'll obviously just need to replace the filepaths etc with your own.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Here is how i would solve this

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1665693709798.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @cmStuhl 

It worked?

cmStuhl
7 - Meteor

Yes, it did! Thank you so much!

Labels