Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

In-DB SQL Script issue

martinding
13 - Pulsar

Hi everyone,

Using the Dynamic Output In-DB tool, we can export our In-DB tool actions as a SQL script, however, it uses a lot of CTEs that come with strange aliases such as Tool_3456. 

Is there a way to manage how the aliases are named? Or a place to manage those aliases centrally?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @martinding 

I haven't done a lot work in-DB, but I wouldn't be surprised if the CTEs are Alteryx Tool IDs.  If this is the case, you can join the CTEs to the xml of the workflow and pull more details that way.

Dan

martinding
13 - Pulsar

Hi @danilang,

Thank you for your reply!

There's actually an option to output the List of Query Alias in the Dynamic Output in-DB tool, which gives more details on the CTE aliases. But changing this aliases to more sensible names requires a bit of manual work.

So I was just wondering if there were ways to easily configure aliases (for example before they are created, rather than changing them afterwards).

martinding_0-1681334329167.png

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @martinding 

You have CTE in your result ? That's strange O_o Can you share an example of your dynamic input result for our information please ?
What database do you use ? With Hive we have tons of subquery but no CTE for the generated query.

Best regards,

Simon

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar
Labels