Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch macro help

to8nbeyond
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, macros are not my forte, but I'm trying to get one to work that will take each RecordID in my data and run it through number of processes and then spit it out in a table, I have a screenshot of what I'm trying to do. Unfortunately, it isn't working and I'm not sure if I should be using filter or not. 

The RecordID number changes each time and I didn't like replicating this process over and over again. Kind of made the process tedious. I know I can get it do what I want, but not sure how. 

I'm also hoping the table created can then be fed into a union tool that will put all the tables created into one pdf to print off.

Any help you can send my way, would be appreciated.

to8nbeyond_0-1682717326273.png

I keep getting the error message that the says "Error: SMLLC Macro (483): The Control Parameter "Control Parameter (39)" must be mapped to a field."

Here is the action settings for the control parameter.

3 REPLIES 3
usmanghayoor
8 - Asteroid

Can you please share a sample data... I recently learned batch macros in detail and want to give it a short.

the error message you mentioned related to configuration of macro tool itself after it has been made and saved. see the screenshot below

usmanghayoor_0-1682719565123.png

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

I am following this thread

to8nbeyond
7 - Meteor

Here is a sample workflow. I hope this helps. The goal is to repeat the macro at the filter for each record ID. I have also included a screenshot of what I was doing before exploring macros. As you can see a macro would be a much better way to go if I can get this to work, plus as my input data changes, the macro automatically updates the output to only include entities contained within the data set.

Basically I'm trying to create an output that allows me to use the reporting tools to display the data in a pdf with each tax owner showing the entities it owns for reporting purposes. The data I supplied have 5 owners with each owner having 5 entities owned.

to8nbeyond_0-1683062897616.png

Labels