Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Identifying Items to Fulfill (100% Complete) the Most Baskets

daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

Hey All,

Looking for some advice on how to handle this problem.

I am needing to identify the most optimal set of items that will 100% fulfill the most baskets.  Each basket has its own unique "itemset" or "combination of items"..  With this data, I am needing to identify the "itemsets" that fulfill the most baskets based on the input # of unique items we are looking to pull out.   For example, if I am looking to identify only 10 items that fulfill the most baskets, I must select "itemsets" that do not exceed the unique combination of 10 items in summary.

My raw data is attached.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9
daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

The attached data is sample data.  My dataset is much larger.  Thanks.

CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @daltonhuneycutt ,

I just want to clarify. Are you trying to see which item is used the most out within the different sets? Or if a set has less than 10 items, you want to look at it?

I attached a workflow with both cases

If not, can you explain what you mean a little more? Or provide an expected output based on your sample data?

If this solved your problem, please make sure to mark as a solution.

Thanks,

Carli
daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

Hey,

Thanks for your quick response!  I am unable to import your model because I am on a older version of alteryx.

To keep it simple, I'm just needing to identify ten items that complete the most number of baskets within these 15 baskets. For example, is there a ten item combination that fills 100% 6 of these 15 baskets?  If so, is that the best outcome possible? Or is there another 10 itemset that fills more baskets?  I also need to be able to change that limiting factor of 10 items to possibly 7 if I am only willing to accommodate for 7 items.

daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

I would like to open your posted model though.  Is there a way to get around us operating on different alteryx versions?

Thank you!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova
CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

What version are you on? I will convert it

Carli
daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

Alteryx version 2019.4

CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Attached 🙂 

Carli
daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Carli,

This is not quite what I am looking for.  I am needing to find a set of items that meet my parameter count of 10 that fulfills the most baskets to their entirety.  Then if I change that limit to 8, the model needs to be able to find me a list of 8 items that completes the most baskets.  The top 10 items from a % of presence within baskets is not the same as the most optimal set of 10 items the completes the most baskets in their entirety.

I apologize if I am not clear.

Thanks for your help!

Labels