Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Ideas welcome - formatting trial balance

smurad008
6 - Meteoroid

I am generating a trial balance that is ultimately going to look like this : 

smurad008_0-1584416958916.png

My current trial balance looks like this.

smurad008_1-1584417057948.png

1. I can't seem to figure it out with data cleansing but I need to remove leading spaces so I can separate the number from the Name. 
  2. Second I need to somehow eliminate the total column so I can only get the individual account that makes up the total. 
  3. When I tried [TB Accounts] = "checking:" or [TB Accounts]="Account Name" - I thought it was too much, maybe a faster way to do it? If the total name changes?

Can any of you help me with this? I attached a sample file. I appreciate any help. 

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @smurad008 ,

Attached is an example showing how to do it.

fmvizcaino_0-1584422816472.png

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

smurad008
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much!

smurad008
6 - Meteoroid

I expanded my data set to the following attached: I added the names to the TRIM but was still running into errors. Can you help me on what I would do to eliminate in the output? 

I appreciate your support! I am not sure what I am missing 😞 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @smurad008 ,

I've added one more condition in the filter, to remove anything with 'Net' and 'Gross' also.

Take a look at the result.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels