Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

IF Statement with Two Conditions

dmpope
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I'm trying to get this IF statement to work in the formula tool, basically what I'm looking for is to create a new column based on a department number where it'll calculate a figure based on if one column contains "CUSTOMER" and another column also contains the department number on the same record/line. I'm sure it's something to do with my syntax since it's failing once I type ELSE, but I can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated!

image.png

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My guess would be that one of your columns Story Points, Active Minutes, Sum_Capex Points by Team, or Sum_Capex Actual, is not being stored as a number! Can you check that first?

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would also check that Peoplesoft Department is being currently stored as a number and not a string!

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You are also missing an ending parentheses right before ELSE

dmpope
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Alex! I knew it had to be a simple fix, now time to get some more caffeine 😅

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Happens to the best of us! 😊

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels