Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I need to format 4 rows at the bottom of my "output" files

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow which spits out numerous workbooks that look similar to the one attached.  The first unknown number of rows are data which needs no formating, however at the bottom of the workbook, I have 4 rows which show "totals" in one way or another.  I am seeking to format these totals appropriately (and if possible/not required, format  boxes around each cell).

The 4 rows are "CURRENT PERIOD TOTAL" (seeking to format as currency), "Previous TOTAL" (seeking to format as currency), "CURRENT TOTAL" (seeking to format as currency), and "Percentage of Total" (*seeking to add the % sign).

These do not need to be formatted specifically as currency per-se, however I would like to have the "$" or "%", and commas where needed.

In working with the transpose function, I am not seeing how I can take this step without also making the "Percent of Total" row show "$" vs. "%".

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JoshuaElphee one way of doing this

Screenshot 2023-06-28 170904.png

tristank
11 - Bolide

Hope you are well Joshua. Here is a quick workflow that can clean up your values. It's not incredibly dynamic so you may want to make some adjustments but it hits all of your goals.

Tell me if this works out for you and have a great week!

Tristan

Value formatter.png

tristank
11 - Bolide

I like @binuacs more lol go for his!

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

@tristank @binuacs , I would like to thank you both!  I have been able to implement binuacs' solution; I also want to test yours tristank, as it aligns with my original planned method and I wish to identify what I was doing wrong.

Have a great day!

Labels