Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to search by cell value and arrange on alteryx

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

hegdepavithra10_0-1602845218202.png

Lets consider the snippet above. The requirement is that the attributes in bold must be imported on to alteryx with their corresponding values next to them on to alteryx so that they can be compared to the same columns from another file.

I am having trouble in importing these values or aligning them in some way so that i can compare with the other file.

is there any way to achieve the below?

hegdepavithra10_1-1602845464109.png

15 REPLIES 15
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@atcodedog05 I was right! Nice workflow 🙂

Bulien
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @TheOC 

Just a pointer. Data cleaning tool has a new feature added which will remove empty columns/rows.

atcodedog05_0-1602852377053.png

Saw your Crew macro. Hence thought of telling you 🙂

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@atcodedog05 oh wow! Cant believe I had missed that, is that just in the newest version of Alteryx or have I missed that in the last one too?!

Cheers for that! Great pointer

Bulien
hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

atcodedog05 ,i have one question in this workflow. What is the option used after input?I am using Alteryx Designer 2019.4 version. I am not able to find it.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @hegdepavithra10 

Cheers and Happy Analysing 😀

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

Sorry i didnt a notification of your post.

Its a Select record tool used select rows based on row position. Try searching in your search bar toward the right Top corner. You should be able to find it.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/select-records-tool

Labels