Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to edit last chained app in the gallery?

Erin
9 - Comet

Hi,

I have a chained app published on the gallery that is hooked up to a collection for users to run. I want to edit the final app in the chained app. However, having trouble doing this without taking it off the gallery to repackage - when done this way then I have to republish to the collection. Is there a way to edit the last chained app from the gallery that will save it with a new version number so that the collection will auto update? 

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Erin 

You can do this by opening the first app in Designer from the gallery.  The entire package, including subsequent apps will be copied down to a staging directory.  Hover over the tab to find the path the staging directory.

danilang_0-1621427298766.png

Open the copy of the app that you want to modify from the staging path using File-> Open from within Designer.  Make the changes and save the modified app.   Go back to the 1st app and Save...not Save As.  It will be repackaged and put on server as a new version of the original with the changes made to the subsequent app incorporated.  The new version will then be available in the collection as well

Dan

Erin
9 - Comet

Thank you @danilang !

Labels