Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

How to edit Xml Syntax

Mukeshy12390
Astéroïde

Hello All,

I have been trying to edit Xml for formula tool [Date] but somehow getting syntax error I figured out the issue but not able to add apostrophe " ' ".

this is syntax I'm using 

'<FormulaField expression="DateTimeFormat(DateTimeParse('+[FieldName_Bracket]+',"'+[Date_Format_Alteryx] +'"),"%Y-%m-%d")" field="'+[DummyColumnName]+'" size="10" type="Date" />'

this is the after reading variable :

'<FormulaField expression="DateTimeFormat(DateTimeParse([Trd_Dt],"%Y%m%d"),"%Y-%m-%d")" field="Trd_Dt_DummyColumn" size="10" type="Date" />'

according to my finding it is these two  ---> "%Y%m%d"),"%Y-%m-%d" --> it should be surrounded by apostrophe " ' " instead of quote

May be I'm wrong , just wanted to correct this formula.

'<FormulaField expression="DateTimeFormat(DateTimeParse('+[FieldName_Bracket]+',"'+[Date_Format_Alteryx] +'"),"%Y-%m-%d")" field="'+[DummyColumnName]+'" size="10" type="Date" />'

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mukesh Y

2 RÉPONSES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Mukeshy12390 If your formula has quotes, the easiest path is to convert them to &quot; 

So it would be something like this:

'<FormulaField expression="DateTimeFormat(DateTimeParse('+[FieldName_Bracket]+',&quot;'+[Date_Format_Alteryx] +'&quot;),&quot;%Y-%m-%d&quot;)" field="'+[DummyColumnName]+'" size="10" type="Date" />'

If you look at a formula tool's xml, you can see this same structure:

image.png

Mukeshy12390
Astéroïde

Thanks !! you are awesome.

Étiquettes