Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to find more than one output using render tool and send those output through mail

Indradip22
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx Community,

I am stuck with one problem where I need to produce multiple output through render tool. I have one set of data. From this data set, I need to produce different data sets based on company name. And also, I need to send this output through mail. I have attached my input file and output also. Can anyone help me to achieve my desire output? 

7 REPLIES 7
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Indradip22 

When creating table, specify "Group" option(in this case it is 'company'), then report will be split into each company.

If you don't wanna company name, uncheck it in Table tool, and add company name on header by Text tool...then output by Rendering tool.

One tips in rendering tool. Please specify "Choose a Specific Output File" and "Group Data into Separate Reports" to split report into multiple file, otherwise with default option(Temporary file),  "Group Data into Separate Reports" can't be selected.

image.png 

image.png

Indradip22
7 - Meteor

@gawa Thank you for quick answer. I will check and will tell that is it working or not.

Indradip22
7 - Meteor

Hi @gawa your output is okay but I am looking for something else. Because in my output there are two section, one is for company name and it's number another one is that data part. Can you help me how can I do this? I have attached my workflow below. Can you please modify my workflow?

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi, @Indradip22 

I just modified your workflow as you wish. Please refer to attached workflow, and if it is OK, please accept my post as a solution. Thank you!

image.png

Indradip22
7 - Meteor

New_Community.png

 Hi @gawa can I get like this for upper part of my report?

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Indradip22 

Then, you can transpose data for upper part. See attached workflow for you ready reference.

In general, it is important to set "Group by" option properly so as to create split report. Good luck!

image.png

Indradip22
7 - Meteor

Hi @gawa thank you so much to help me for reaching to my desired output.

Labels