Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to dynamically calculate subtotal?

bui195
7 - Meteor

This is my current input with client ID, GL and data month by month. 

bui195_0-1683748319594.png

And I want to insert a row at the end of each client ID to calculate the subtotal. I was able to create the calculation but when I add a new month in, it doesn't work so can you help with a more dynamic workflow to calculate the subtotal. Thank you. 

bui195_1-1683748443930.png

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@bui195 One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1683749609909.png

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@bui195 

An workflow example

geraldo_0-1683750113506.png

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @bui195 

First of all, in order to better understand the application scenario, you may need to clarify the following questions:
1- Will your column names contain special characters other than letters and numbers such as &$#-./ ?
2- Do you mind that the column order of the result fields in the final output is different from the input?
3- More than 2 columns do you have at most that do not participate in grouping and calculations such as [GL account] ?

If the above answers are yes, then the current solutions of 'dynamically calculate subtotal' may need to be further improved.

录制_2023_05_11_15_25_12_504.gif

bui195
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your help! This workflow works well with existing months but when I input a new month in, it wont' calculate the new month because in the Summarize tab, we manually select the months to sum up. 

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @bui195 

If you can follow me , the above workflow will be dynamic process new columns as you added or deleted, no need you manually select it.

Silvia_Lau
6 - Meteoroid

@flying008 Hello! May I have the yxmd version for this solution?

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Silvia_Lau 

Sorry ! Because our security policy, I can't upload yxmd file to here, but the gif are clear explain the flow.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels