Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to append fixed template input file (excel) into output file per ID (Dynamic)

Hesam021
5 - Atom

Hi, I am fairly new to Alteryx workflows. I need some assistance on problem below. Thanks in advance!

• I have a workflow that generate an Excel (.xlsx) file that contains tabs per ID. Lets assume I have 6 tabs : 01,02,03,04,05,06
  • I have a fixed excel template that contains formulae that retrieve data from tab above (per tab). (name: FixedTemplate)

Current solution: Output tool is loaded with the template that contains the tabs and fixed templates, and during each run the new data will overwrite the respective tabs. I believe this would not be scalable in case of having chunks of data for 100+ IDs.

I would like to append the fixed template per tab ID in the output and rename fixed template. I believe blob tool will not allow to add "|||" for dynamic file path. I have seen example of using run command tool but not sure if I have access to run .bat via command environment.

The figure below is what I would like achieve. 

sample.png

0 REPLIES 0
Labels