Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to add extra row with reporting tools

xariet
8 - Asteroid

Hi All! 

I need to add a row on top of the existing table with a Table reporting tool. Is it possible? My current workflow and desired output are attached. Thank you in advance for your help

Update: sorry, I forgot to mention that I am getting raw data for multiple customers and at the end, I want to generate different tables for different customers. With the solutions provided below grouping by a customer in the Table tool doesn't work. I have attached workaround workflow provided in the solutions with my changes.

11 REPLIES 11
ericsundby
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There are many ways to accomplish this, but this was what I came up with (workflow is attached). Let me know if this works for you.

xariet
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, this is a good solution, unfortunately, doesn't work for my case. If I have multiple customers and want to create a table separately for each customer it doesn't work. I have attached your workflow with my changes

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hello @xariet, give this a try.

grazitti_sapna_0-1657778405459.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@xariet one way of doing this. Similar to @grazitti_sapna method

binuacs_0-1657779390585.png

xariet
8 - Asteroid

thank you, please see the update in my post

xariet
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Sapna Gupta, please see the update in my post

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@xariet Are you looking for the output of each customers in separate tab in an excel workbook or something like below

binuacs_0-1657781564818.png

Or something like below

binuacs_0-1657781846515.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@xariet attached workflow will create reports in separate tabs in an excel workbook like below

binuacs_1-1657781984569.png

xariet
8 - Asteroid

sorry for the confusion. when I get raw data with multiple customers I need to generate for each customer separately an excel spreadsheet with this table (to be able to email them later). I think I know how to do that, the problem now is to match the template - add a row on top of each separate table with headings, like in the final outcome example (yellow top row needs to be added to each table for each customer)

Labels