Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add blank inbetween cell values

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have a content in the cell  like AABCABCHDAKIJHUHYGTRLKJHTBAGRTLKJHYLFGHTPQWERPTHFM this. Now what I want has a output is, I want to add " " a blank space into this cell at the series of five characters. So after every 5th character I want to add the blank space.

The output should like AABCA BCHDA KIJHU HYGTR LKJHT BAGRT LKJHY LFGHT PQWER PTHFM

Can anyone please help on this to solve.

8 REPLIES 8
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gsiva3 

Here is how you can do it.

workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1622014274184.png

1. Using record id i am creating row id. This will be the key reference just in case you have multiple rows.

2. Using Regex tool tokenize mode i splitting 5 letters to each row.

3. Using Summarize with record id (key) on groupby i am conacting the rows with separator " " space to get the desired output. Just for reference i am creating input field by concating the rows with no separator.

Hope this helps 🙂

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gsiva3 
We can trust RegEx. 😁

0526-Gsiva3.PNG0526-Gsiva3-1.PNG

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gsiva3 

I got some time to try out regex approach. And here is it is approach 2 using regex_replace()

atcodedog05_0-1622016184872.png

REGEX_Replace([Input], "(\w{5})(\w{5})", "$1 $2")

I am finding subsequent 5 letters using marked groups and then adding space inbetween "$1 $2"

Definitely approach 2 is recommended

Hope this helps 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Manh posted nearly at the same time @Qiu with few seconds difference 😅 Close call

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05  & @Qiu 

Got it! Thank you so ,much.

I just want to know one more thing. If I want to add "*" instead of Blank space, then how this can be done?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gsiva3 

REGEX_Replace([Input], "(\w{5})(\w{5})", "$1*$2")

Just replace " " with "*" in between $1 & $2.

atcodedog05_0-1622022747586.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05  Thank you so much!!!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gsiva3 
It looks like @atcodedog05 already provided your follow-up question and thank you for the accept mark.

Labels