Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I stop generate blank output files

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

In my WF, I have multiple inputs and multiple outputs that are generated by the Render Tool. It is generating the blank output files when there is no data available in the input side. I want output files when there is data. I don't want to generate blank output files. How can I do this? Any suggestions please...!

21 REPLIES 21
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @munipavankumar 

Which version are you using?  after run the wf of @binuacs , 1 output file with data, 2 output nothing, even you change the temporary document to .xlsx file.

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @flying008 , But while i am doing, for the 2nd output with no data is generating the blank file. I have already attached the screenshot reason. Because the empty table field is coming to the Render Tool. we can stop generate the output. But I can't able to filter the empty table field. Can you please help on this.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @munipavankumar 

In fact, if you run the workflow by @binuacs , the 2nd flow by [Count > 0] output nothing, all outputs ( 1st flow  + 2nd flow ) have create only 1 file(pdf or xlsx or etc..), as your want stop generate blank output files. 

So what is your problem now? and which version are you using? 

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @flying008

This is my Alteryx version. Have you tried running the flow choosing excel as an Render Tool output that is shared by @binuacs.

I am getting both outputs. This is my actual problem.

1.png

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @munipavankumar 

Yes, I change the output file type to .xlsx, get only one ouput .xlsx after run.  So will this issue be related to the version?

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @flying008 , Please share your version also i will try to install and check furthur.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @munipavankumar 

Maybe you can try v2021.* or v2023.2 to check it.

afellows
8 - Asteroid

I'm not sure whether this would work actually, in testing it there is still an empty yxdb being written but perhaps it will help your scenario. Perhaps a better solution is to use a control container so that it is only enabled if there are records present. 

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @afellows, unfortunately not working.

afellows
8 - Asteroid

Control containers will be your best bet then I think, as far as I know that's the only sure way of stopping Alteryx's execution. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels