Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with data grouping

golfromeo
7 - Meteor

Hello,

First of all, I have to say I'm very new to Alteryx. I've tried searching for a solution to my problem but no luck so far, hence why I'm posting on here. This might be very simple, but I can't find a solution yet!

I need to create a workflow that allows me to summarise the top companies in our book of business by product and ranking group (e.g., Top 5, 6 to 10), sort them alphabetically, and not display company names if the group contains fewer than 5 companies (compliance restrictions).

I've attached a dummy Excel file that shows an example of the raw data on one tab, and an ideal output in the next tab.

I would really appreciate some help with this!

Thanks very much in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @golfromeo 

I approached this in two steps 1) filter to only groups that were a complete 5, then arranging the data like your example. I have the correct results, but I didn't replicate the output field layout exactly. Let me know what you think and we can keep working on it if necessary.

20200217-TopGroupsOf5.PNG

golfromeo
7 - Meteor

Hi Charlie,

This solves my problem, thanks very much for your help!

Guillermo

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @golfromeo ,

Attached is an example where I'm using the reporting tools to generate your desired output. 

Take a look and let me know if this makes sense to you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

golfromeo
7 - Meteor

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your solution to displaying the results like in my example file!

Both solutions above are really helpful.

Thanks,

Guillermo

Labels