Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with data grouping

golfromeo
7 - Meteor

Hello,

First of all, I have to say I'm very new to Alteryx. I've tried searching for a solution to my problem but no luck so far, hence why I'm posting on here. This might be very simple, but I can't find a solution yet!

I need to create a workflow that allows me to summarise the top companies in our book of business by product and ranking group (e.g., Top 5, 6 to 10), sort them alphabetically, and not display company names if the group contains fewer than 5 companies (compliance restrictions).

I've attached a dummy Excel file that shows an example of the raw data on one tab, and an ideal output in the next tab.

I would really appreciate some help with this!

Thanks very much in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @golfromeo 

I approached this in two steps 1) filter to only groups that were a complete 5, then arranging the data like your example. I have the correct results, but I didn't replicate the output field layout exactly. Let me know what you think and we can keep working on it if necessary.

20200217-TopGroupsOf5.PNG

golfromeo
7 - Meteor

Hi Charlie,

This solves my problem, thanks very much for your help!

Guillermo

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @golfromeo ,

Attached is an example where I'm using the reporting tools to generate your desired output. 

Take a look and let me know if this makes sense to you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

golfromeo
7 - Meteor

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your solution to displaying the results like in my example file!

Both solutions above are really helpful.

Thanks,

Guillermo

Labels