Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help on Monthly Revenue Workflow

cjefferies
5 - Atom

Hello, below is an input file that is generated each month from our system. The only difference in the file headers each month is that the current month end changes as well as the dates for each column that contains a date. Ex. Row 9, Columns C-E --> would become 04/30/2024, 05/31/2024, 06/30/2024 during the next months workflow. Then obviously the data amounts ($) will change each month. 

Is it possible to create a workflow to get something close to the example output file below? Essentially the goal is to create two columns after each set of three dated columns. The first is Previous Month minus Penultimate Month totals, and the second is Current Month minus Previous Month totals. 

Formatting isn't the biggest issue here, so if  1. rows #1-5 need to be removed for any reason that is fine, 2. merging of cells for the header row is difficult that is fine, 3. Coloring of cells is not needed.

Happy to share any more information if needed, and thank you in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

@cjefferies This should be a good starting point for you as far as adding columns goes. If you decide the formatting is an issue let me know and I can work on that too... It would just take longer than I have today.

Labels