Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HTML Render Output Option

Faronnj
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community,

I have a question regarding the render tool, when I am using the render tool to complete all my layouts with my graphs and tables, I am wondering if there is a way to save an HTML file and share it with someone since this allows the graphs to still be interactive.  

If I save the file as a temporary PDF/word some of the charts are still kind of blurry and pixelated but if I use a temporary HTML file the graphs tend to be clear so I was wondering if there is a way to save the HTML file from the render too so I can save it to a google drive to be shared or how would it better shared?

Thank you for your time and help in advance,

Nick 

4 REPLIES 4
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can save the HTML to a file using the Render tool by Selecting "Choose a Specific Output File" as the Output mode and then specify the output file with an HTML file type.

2020-01-27_19-23-46.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Faronnj 

For your concern about the pixelation in output pdfs.  The Interactive chart output to most formats (not HTML) as a static .png file.  Since the resolution of your monitor, ~96px/inch, is less than the resolution on the page, ~300px/inch or higher, the png gets stretched when viewed and appears blocky.  You can get around this in the interactive tool by increasing the size of the image in the Chart section and making corresponding increases in the general Font setting and the font settings in the Axis and Legend.  You might also have to increase the Margins and Padding section in the Chart to avoid cutting off axis labels.

I've attached a new, bigger version of one of the charts I helped you with recently to illustrate the point

Dan

Faronnj
8 - Asteroid

@TonyA I assume since I am on the trial version for another few days before I switch to the purchased program this is why my only output method is a temporary file?  Once I switch to the purchased version I will be able to render output files? 

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Nick 

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Faronnj 
You should be able to specify output files in that tool regardless of whether your license is a Trial or purchased one.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels