Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Grand Total and Sub Totals

CarlMz
6 - Meteoroid

HI,

I am struggling to calculate the Grand Total and Sub Totals for the table i have.]

DeptSub DeptSalesCostMfgProfit
MKTMKT _ US100101080
MKTMKT_CAN2001001575
ProdProd_US10226
ProdProd_CAN502244

I need a subtotal after each Dept , so one after MKT and one after Prod and than one final Grand Total. WHat would be easiest way to achieve this.

C

12 REPLIES 12
verde0903
8 - Asteroid

@KendaAttached, please find a sample.  The Grand Total needs to be the variance of the first two sub-totals less the last one.

Thanks,

Maylen

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@verde0903 

Is that the exact input you're reading into Alteryx? The solution kind of depends on that and which fields are given vs which are calculated in Alteryx. Assuming the data is exactly as you showed other than the last yellow row, I think the main tricky piece is to isolate the rows you want to add/subtract. This can be done with a filter (to get the rows where column D is empty) and a summarize tool (to get the last row in your data set). 

verde0903
8 - Asteroid

Thanks I will try that.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels