Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Get multiple files from Sharepoint folder into Alteryx?

Pbhave
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have a folder on Sharepoint with 40 excel sheets. I need all these files to input into Alteryx and append one below the other to create one single output file. 

All the 40 files have exact number of columns. 

Is there a way to do that? 

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13
Pbhave
6 - Meteoroid

Wdavis,

I tried the option above but I can't see the 'Configure file' option

Pbhave_0-1669623951867.png

I see the options as below:

Pbhave_1-1669624045443.png

As I go down and select the folder, I can see 'Select file' but no 'Configure file' next to it. 

Please advise. 

Thank you!

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Pbhave 

This is because you're on an older version of the connector. If you want to upgrade to the latest version, you can do so from here - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Sharepoint-Tools/ta-p/877903 

On your version, it should still work even if slightly less intuitive with this configuration in the 'options' tab. It is important to make sure your File Path in the data tab is just looking at the folder and no specific file.

wdavis_1-1669628165524.png

Let me know if this works for you!

Will

Pbhave
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Wdavis! It works! 

Appreciate it.

Pbhave
6 - Meteoroid

@wdavis 

The solution worked and I could get multiple files from sharepoint input tool. However, the data is getting read into alteryx multiple times.

E.g. There are 8 files - file 1 data will appear in Alteryx 8 times, file 2 will appear in Alteryx 7 times, file 3 will appear in Alteryx 6 times and so on. 

Do you know why that might be happening? I am selecting a single sheet and range of cells that I need from these files. The columns and rows are same for all the files. 

Appreciate your help in resolving this issue. 

Labels